Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Weekend in Gtown

Last weekend Dylan and I travelled to Gastonia to visit family, and be with my mom on her birthday.  It has been awhile since we have made the trip and it was so good to spend time with family.  My niece, Addie was born at the end of December and I had only gotten to see her one other time.

My parents (aka Nana and Pops) noticed a lot of different things about Dylan.  He is really starting to look and act like a little boy.  He is slowly growing out of babyhood.  He claps his hands constantly.  It's like he is congratulating himself on everything he does.  He also babbles all the time.  And usually it gets loud whenever we walk in or out of a place, full of people.  I can just see inside his little head, "look at me!  I'm here", or "see you later!".  He much prefers to play now, than being held.  If he sees anything that gets his attention, he wants in the floor to check it out.  He slaps and throws everything (we are trying to get him to stop this, well the slapping).  His favorite thing to slap...his daddy's face.  Blocks are his favorite toy.  He throws them like missiles and then chases after them.  He recognizes and laughs at his daddy when we Skype with him when he is out of town.  Basically, he's become a little man... my main man.  And he is so much fun!!

And all of this new stuff has happened since Christmas.  It is amazing how much growing they do in the first year.  I look at Addie and can just see all the fun Seth and Paula are going to have with her.

I meant to take tons of pictures last weekend.  We visited my grandmother in the nursing home and it was fun to watch her and Dylan.  I also wanted pictures with Dylan and Addie, but then we figured out that Dylan didn't like Mama holding another baby.  I couldn't hold her without him fussing and trying to also crawl in my lap.  So I got a couple of pictures of a very special moment with Mom (Nana) and Dylan.  Check it out!

Seriously, does it get any cuter than this??

No comments:

Post a Comment