Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Angry Bird=Mommy Breakdown

That's right, Angry Bird, an addictive game downloaded on our Droids, caused this Mommy's very first breakdown...

I often call Scott in the morning when he takes Dylan to daycare, just to check in.  This morning I called him at 7:30 and it went straight to voicemail, very odd, as this NEVER happens.  But whatever, I wasn't really concerned at this point.  I tried calling up to 8:30 and still, it went to voicemail.  So then, I was starting to get apprehensive, so I called his work cell a couple times....no answer.

At this point, I called daycare, and spoke to Dylan's teacher.  I told her I was having trouble getting a hold of Scott and wanted to make sure Dylan got there okay.  There was a long pause, and she said, "Brooke, Dylan never showed up."

I went from concerned to PANIC in about 2 seconds.  It just wasn't right, Scott ALWAYS answers his phone or calls me right back.  And by this point, Dylan should have been at daycare for an hour and a half.   In my heart, I believed something had happened to my husband and baby, and I can honestly say, I have never been that terrified.

I got a hold of  Jon, my brother in law, and sent him to my house.  In the meantime, I tried Scott's work phone ONE MORE TIME, and he finally picked it up.

Me:  Are you okay?  Is Dylan okay?

Scott:  Yes, we are fine.  I was just about to take him to daycare.

So what happened...Scott played Angry Bird so long his phone died, and he didn't know it was dead.  Then, he forgot to tell me that he was working from home today.  he also forgot to call daycare to let them know he would be bringing Dylan in late.  So no one (me) knew where they were or what had happened to them.

I want to say THANK GOODNESS, for Penny, who shall now be known as my "Work Mama" who sat with me, and was so concerned, was going to drive me home.  And THANK GOODNESS, for Kate and Stephnie, that once I had calmed down, and was very embarrassed, assured me that they would have wondered about me, if I hadn't reacted the way I did.  I work with an awesome group of gals, and I have a lot of love in my heart for every one of them.

I am feeling very thankful this evening, for my husband and child.  I also feel very thankful that I have a brother in law who would drop everything at the drop of a hat for his hysterical sis in law.  I am blessed with such a special family.

So I am going to enjoy my weekend with my awesome family...Grandma and Paw Paw are coming to visit.

And the moral of the story, have a charger handy when you play Angry Bird!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Have fun!!! Miss you guys.... You need to come out to the country some time. I love the blog... Andy C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, I love the blog too! It makes such a good keepsake for your family. Can't wait to read more about your adventures with Dylan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you reacted just as any mom would...i was in tears just reading about that morning...mom b

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Brooke! I am so glad that we were able to help you calm down. Like I already told you, no one can ever prepare you for the feelings that accompany being a Mommy and a spouse. Your reaction was completely normal!!

    ReplyDelete