Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Battle of the Dog Food

There have been many battles fought in my house in the past year over dog food.  It is about to accelerate into a war.  On one side, you have Scott, AKA "Dirt Cheap Daddy" and on the other side there is Brooke, AKA "Mighty Mama".

Rocco has food allergies and a sensitive stomach.  He should be eating an all natural food, which he doesn't like and it is REALLY expensive, so DCD won't buy it for him.  I think, if that is all he has, he'll get used to it, and eat it and be much healthier.

So we somewhat compromised...leaning heavily in DCD's favor.  He buys the Pro-Plan Shredded blend...which is a good brand, but Rocco can clear a room with this food, so still not good for him.

THEN, DCD decided to come home with Purina One...and I was up with poor Rocco all night with an upset tummy, while Dirt Cheap Daddy slept.

NO MORE!!!!  Mighty Mama is now in charge of the dog food.  My guys are going to be eating the good stuff!!

If anyone wants some Purina One, I am giving it away.

4 comments:

  1. Bert "Paw Paw" BauerFebruary 11, 2011 at 2:14 PM

    Good for you Brooke stick to your guns
    Rocco cant defend himself so we need to

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mighty Mom now has the dogs eating caviar topped with flakes of gold!!!

    I think I am giving Brooke more content to write about than Dylan at this point. Next post will be the story of how to lose a wedding band while cleaning toilets???

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO MIGHTY MAMA!!!! POOR ROCCO
    SCOTT, SOMETIMES YOU JUST NEED TO DIG DEEP INTO THOSE MONEY POCKETS!!!
    GRANDMA MARIE

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me laugh!! But my vet says it takes two weeks to adjust to a new food. So just in case DCD reads this and wants to rage on in warfare.

    ReplyDelete