Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Look who jumped on the blog wagon!!

After lots of thought, I decided it was time for me to start a blog.  Scott and I don't really have a lot of family around us, and I thought this would be a great way to keep up with Dylan.

So, WELCOME, and thanks for reading!  Let me start by saying that I am not the most creative writer.  I write for a living, but it is more technical writing.  I hope I don't bore y'all to tears!!  My goal for this blog is to post every week or so, and keep everyone updated with the happenings in our family.  The blog is also "under construction".  I had no idea how difficult it would be to set one up, so I am still learning the ins and outs of the blog world.  So you may be seeing some changes in the near future.

You will find that most of the blog is centered around our son, Dylan.  He is the center of our world and the best part of both of us.

The latest on Dylan...He moved up to the Waddler room in daycare this week.  I had mixed emotions about this.  I was very emotional, because it is a sign that he is growing so fast!  We also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE his teachers in the infant room...one in particular, Dylan adores.  But I was also really excited.  He is going to benefit from moving up and learn so much, and I can't wait to see it all happen.  And then we got the best news that may have just made my year...the favorite teacher in the infant room is also moving to the waddler room!  She is going to be Dylan's new teacher.  I literally, to Dylan and Scott's amusement, was jumping up and down when I learned this.  It is a great feeling to be so satisfied with the place where your child spends his days, but is a major BONUS when you love the teacher and the teacher also feels the same about your child.

So that is the BIG news in our household.  I will post some pictures soon and a video of Dylan "scooting" around.

Stay tuned for more...

4 comments:

  1. I have decided to start a blog on Brooke's blog by posting weekly comments. That way I can blog without all of the headaches and hard work, HA, HA!!

    One thing you will learn about me, is that I cannot spell and I don't think this thing has spell checker. I will go ahead and get that on the table.

    As Dylan's Father it is important that I teach him things to become a man. So far I have taught him how to give a high five.

    As it turns out he has taught me so much more that I have taught him. For example, right away he taught me that I can go a whole week without sleep!!

    I have learned that you can do almost everything in your daily life with only one arm if you get a little creative sometimes.

    I have learned that even if Dylan's hair stands up all the time, it is not OK to use hair gel on him.

    I have most recently learned how to change a dirty diaper while holding Dylan in the air by one leg because he won't stop trying to flip over if you lay him down!!

    Most importantly, I have learned the love of a Father to his Son.

    If I had only known this earlier I would have been an easier son myself, HA, HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, I don't believe the last line, the rest was good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see that you have learned many tricks with Dylan but I think the most important thing that you have learned is the love you have found for him and your family. That will get you through the "challanging" times as a dad and husband.
    By the way, you were an "easy" chld and we are very proud of the adult you have become
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Brooke you just made me cry! I love dylan and if I could, I would move to every classroom that he goes to! He is such a special little boy and so loving, he wins me over every time with his smile! ~Nicole~

    ReplyDelete